Thursday, January 1, 2015

Pav- Bhaji

Happy New Year!!!! Let's start this new year with yummy recipes. Today I am sharing you my most favorite recipe that is Pav- Bhaji. I just love it. 
This is the recipe which I learned from my mother when I started to cook. I wanted to learn my favorite dish first so that I can make it on my own. I even like to eat at the roadside joints in India, because they have the unique flavor and taste and that too spicy....

To make Pav- Bhaji you will need :-
2-3 medium size potato
1 cup cabbage chopped
1 cup cauliflower chopped
1/4 cup green bellpepper chopped
2 medium size onion chopped
3-4 medium size tomato chopped
4-5 garlic cloves
1-1/2 teaspoon pav bhaji masala
1 teaspoon red chilly powder
1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
1/4 teaspoon cumin and coriander powder
4-5 tablespoon butter/oil
1 teaspoon lemon
1/2 cup chopped cilantro 
4-5 buns
Butter for roasting buns
1-2 cups water

Pressure cook potato, cabbage and cauliflower upto 5-6 whistles adding water to it about 1 cup. Allow it to cool down. Mash them with the help of blender. Take a pot and add butter to it. Add chopped garlic and onion and saute it till it gets transparent on low to medium heat. Add tomatoes and saute it till it get tender. Add green bell pepper and saute it for a minute or so. Add all the spices and cover it with lid. Mix well and add mashed vegetables. Cover it with lid and allow it to cook. Add water if it looks dry. Cover it again with lid and allow it to cook. It should have consistency like thick gravy.
To roast buns apply butter on both the sides of bun and roast on medium heat on skillet till it gets brown spots on it.
Sprinkle chopped cilantro and add lemon juice before serving. Serve with chopped onion or salad.


No comments:

Post a Comment