Sunday, September 7, 2014

Tip of the day (How to freeze fenugreek leaves)

I stay away from the Indian Grocery store and it is not possible for me to go every week and have grocery so when I need vegetable of my choice with me everytime then I freeze it like fenugreek leaves. I used to make methi pakoda, methi-brinjal subji, paratha and chilla out of it. 

To freeze your fenugreek leaves,. first you tare the leaves from steam of it and then chop it. Allow extra soil (if there in it to come down). Then wash it properly and then allow it to dry water out of it by spreading it on kitchen paper. Then take an airtight container and then transfer all chopped fenugreek leaves to it and dont overcrowd it. Fill the container lightly and don't press it. Cover with lid and put in freezer. It can stay good for about a month. 
When you want to use it then take it out  of freezer and wash it again and then drain all water out of it and use it.

No comments:

Post a Comment