Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Homemade Yogurt (Dahi)

Today I am sharing with you very simple recipe but sometimes it plays trick when you are making out of India. In my early days in United States I was just struggling to make yogurt at home. My husband generally takes  yogurt at least one time in his meal so I want to make it at home so that I don't have to buy from outside. 
One of my friend here gave me trick and I followed it till today and everything is going well.....

To make Homemade Yogurt you will need :-

1 cup milk
1 tablespoon yogurt

Take a pot (tapeli) and add milk to it. Put it on low flame and allow it to boil. One boil is enough for it. Put the flame off and allow milk to cool till it is lukewarm. Add yogurt to it and mix well and put in the warm place like oven or microwave (don't turn it on). It needs average 3-4 hours in summer and about 5-6 hours in winter to form into yogurt.

Note :- You need not to turn on oven or microwave.

No comments:

Post a Comment