Sunday, November 2, 2014

Roti Atta (Dough)

Today I would like to share with you my experience when I came to United States. Here the whole wheat flour available is such that I was just not comfortable in my earlier days, say about 1-2 months. Then I found the secret to make roti atta as India by experimenting various things and methods. 

For making Roti Atta you will need :_

3 cups of whole wheat flour ( I used sujata whole wheat flour)
1/4 teaspoon salt (optional)
1 tablespoon oil
1-1/4 cup lukewarm water

Take a bowl and add whole wheat flour and salt and mix well. Then slowly add half cup water while mixing the whole wheat flour. Add water as needed and make  not too soft dough nor too hard dough,  don't make it so soft that you find it difficult while rolling. Apply oil on dough and knead is again. Allow it to rest for atleast fifteen minutes covering the lid before making roti.

Sometimes I feel lazy so I make roti dough for 2 days and store in refrigerator in airtight container immediately after making dough, if I am using it next day. It stays good for the next day too and saves your time.

No comments:

Post a Comment