Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Vegetable Bhajiya (Dumplings)

I am big fan of fried food. Even though fried food is not too healthy I enjoy a lot. Last week it was very cloudy and I thought of making something fried for my lunch. I thought of making Vegetable Bhajiya adding my favorite vegetables to gram flour. 

To make Vegetable Bhajiya you will need :-

1 cup gram flour
2 teaspoon yogurt
2-3 tablespoon frozen corn
2-3 tablespoon carrot chopped
5-6 tablespoon onion chopped
Salt to taste
Oil for frying
Pinch of baking soda
1/4 teaspoon red chilly powder
Water as needed

Take a bowl and add gram flour, yogurt, carrot, corn, onion and salt. Mix well. Add water to make a batter not too thin just like you can make dumpling out of it. Add baking soda and mix well. In a frying pan add oil and when oil gets heat up add small dumplings with the help of spoon. Fry them at medium flame. When it gets cooked properly remove from the flame and serve hot with ketchup or chutney of your choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment