Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Dabeli

I am very much found of street food. Among them dabeli is one of my favorite. It like it very much because it is spicy and it has my most favorite ingredient i.e. potato.....
 I can eat atleast two dabeli at time. It has been long time I haven't tried any Indian street food as I am here (USA). I am just waiting when can I go India and have such wonderful street food. Also the one made on larries taste just too good.... They have some unique taste, already my mouth started watering when I remember those dabeli which I used to eat on street....

To make dabeli you will need :-
2 potatoes boiled and mashed
3 tablespoon dabeli masala (adjust to your taste)
2 teaspoon sugar
Salt to taste
4-5 teaspoon water
4-5 tablespoon oil
2-3 tablespoon gram sev
2-3 tablespoon pomegranate seeds/ grapes
4-5 tablespoon cilantro and mint chutney
4-5 tablespoon tamarind and date chutney
2-3 tablespoon chopped onion
2-3 teaspoon butter
2 buns
1/2 teaspoon garlic chutney

Take a pan and add oil to it and when it gets hot add mashed potatoes, dabeli masala, sugar, salt and water. Allow mixture to cool down. 
Now add butter to griddle and roast buns both sides with butter. Take out of flame. Then take a plate and put one side of bun and apply date and tamarind chutney, potato mixture, pomegranate seeds, chopped onion and gram sev. On the other side of bun apply cilantro and mint chutney and garlic chutney and cover on the side where you have put other things. Serve hot with ketchup or chutney.

No comments:

Post a Comment