Friday, October 10, 2014

Fenugreek Handvo (Spicy Lentil Cake)

I just love fresh fenugreek leaves....I use to make different type of subji, dhebra (paratha) add in salad, etc. I like it so much so I try to add in many of the recipes where it is possible. Today I thought of adding in handvo and you won't believe it turned out so good. Even it was liked by my husband too much and so I have thought of making it again and again.

For making it you will need :-

2 cups handvo flour
1 cup washed and chopped fresh/frozen fenugreek leaves
1/2 cup yogurt
Salt to taste
1 teaspoon ginger chilly paste
1 teaspoon red chilly paste
1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
1 teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon sesame seeds
1 teaspoon mustard seeds
5-6 tablespoon oil
Water as needed

Take a bowl and add handvo flour, yogurt and water as needed to make a batter consistency and soak for about 5-6 hours. After that add ginger chilly paste, turmeric powder, fenugreek leaves, sugar, salt and red chilly powder to it. After that take a pan and add oil to it and add mustard seeds to it and allow it to crackle. Add sesame seeds to it. Pour the batter and allow it to cook one side. Cover it with lid. Flip it over carefully and then cook other side till crispy. Serve with tea or shreddded mango pickle.

No comments:

Post a Comment