Thursday, October 23, 2014

Potato Peas Samosa

Happy Diwali to all of you. I just love Diwali, it just feel the air with lights and happiness. When I was in India I used to decorate house, place diyas and make rangoli and arrange fresh flowers. Here I can do all such stuff but it does not give feeling as India.
 I invite some close friends to my house and then we arrange small diwali party and enjoy.......I thought of making a light appetizer although Indian  to serve to my friends so I tried with samosas this time. 

For making Samosa you will need :-

For Filling :-

3-4 boiled and mashed potaoes
4-5 tablespoon boiled  green peas
2 tablespoon ginger chilly paste (adjust to your taste)
1 teaspoon garam masala
Salt to taste
1-2 tablespoon sugar (optional)
4-5 tablespoon chopped coriander leaves
Pinch of turmeric powder
1 teaspoon dry mango powder
2-3 tablespoon oil
2-3 curry leaves
1 teaspoon cumin seeds
1 teaspoon mustard seeds
Oil for frying

For outer coverage :-

1-1/2 cup all purpose flour
Salt to taste
6-7 tablespoon oil
Water as needed

Take a bowl and mix potatoes, ginger chilly paste, garam masala, sugar, coriander, peas, mango powder. Keep it aside. Now heat up oil and add mustard seeds to it and then cumin seeds to it. Allow it to crackle. Then add curry leaves carefully (they will splutter) and pour this tampering in potato peas mixture. Allow it to cool down.
Take a bowl and make a firm dough by adding all purpose flour, salt and oil. Add water slowly and as and when needed. Keep it aside.

Roll oval shape poori out of dough and the cut in middle. Take one semicircle of it and roll like cone and seal it with your fingers by pressing it. Don't cover from top. Fill the potato peas mixture in the cone and then seal it.
Make in small batches and then heat up oil and then fry them at medium heat. Turn on other side and cook it. Take out and serve hot with your favorite chutney.

I just love samosa, I can eat it anytime. Enjoy on holidays.....





No comments:

Post a Comment