Saturday, August 16, 2014

Carrot Instant Pickle

When I was younger and going to school my mother use to give me carrot juice in winter time. Frankly speaking I just hate to drink that but at that time I was not aware of the benefits of eating carrot. It is rich in Vitamins and it helps in good vision, better skin, heart disease, etc. It also gives a nice colour to our salads.
Today I thought of making something different out of carrot- carrot pickle. My mother use to make this often and I like this carrot pickle. My husband likes this very much so I also make it in bulk and we take it with our everyday meal. It does not have oil in it so its healthy too...

 For making carrot pickle you will need :-

1 cup carrot cut lenght wise
Salt to taste
1 lemon juice
1 teaspoon split mustard seeds (available in Indian grocery stores)

Take a bowl (preferably glass) and mix all the ingredients well. Cover it with lid and allow it to rest for about an hour or more. Mix it well again and then it can be served with roti, paratha, etc. It can stay good at room temperature for about 1 day and after that you can make in batches and preserve in refrigerator for about 3-4 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment