Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Methi (Fenugreek) Poori

I love Indian snacks and I go on trying with the ingredients which are my favorite. I thought let's make something different. I tried with methi poori.

To make methi poori you will need :-
1/2 cup dried methi leaves
1 cup semolina
1-1/2 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup oil
Salt to taste
2 teaspoon carom seeds
1 tablespoon cumin seeds
1 tablespoon cumin powder
1-2 cups water
Pinch of turmeric
Oil for frying

Mix all the ingredients except water. Add water slowly and make a tough dough. Allow it to rest for an hour or so. Make small balls of dough and roll in round shape. Prick with the knife or fork so they do not puff up. Fry them at medium heat when oil gets hot. Fry till golden brown color is seen. 

Store in airtight container after it gets cooled off for 15-20 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment