Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Okra Bellpepper (Capsicum) Subji

Last weekend I had been to vegetable market where many Indian vegetables are available and that too fresh...... I found out okra (ladyfinger) and I immediately started picking up. I and my husband both love okra subji too much so whenever I find okra I buy them for sure. This is also my brother's favorite subji. My mother eat okra subji by mixing fresh yogurt in it, this also taste very well. My aunty use to make this subji in India and from her I have learned this subji.

To make Okra Bellpepper Subji you will need:-

2-1/2 cups okra cut
1/2 cup bell pepper diced
Salt to taste
1 teaspoon cumin seeds
3-4 tablespoon oil
2-3 tablespoon chopped cilantro
1/2 tablespoon coriander cumin seeds
1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
1/2 tablespoon red chilly powder (adjust to your taste)
Pinch of garam masala

Take an open pot and heat up oil. Add cumin seeds and allow it to crackle. Add okra pieces to it and saute it. Saute it occasionally till it get tender for about 10-12 minutes at low to medium heat. Add bell pepper to it and cook till all the vegetables get tender. Add all the spices and mix well. Saute it for another one more minute. Add fresh cilantro leaves on it before serving.

Serve with roti or paratha.

Note :- Never cover with lid when you are making okra subji, otherwise it will become sticky and you will not like it's taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment